- All purpose cleaner – 1/2 cup of borax and 1 gallon of hot water. Mix these together until the borax dissolves. Spray or mop on nonwood surfaces. Wipe it clean.
- Mildew killer and grout whitener – Combine baking soda and hydrogen peroxide or white vinegar into a paste. Apply to the grout or mildew and let sit for at least 30 minutes, then scrub.
- Toilet bowl cleaner – scrub it with 1/2 cup of borax to brighten and kill germs. Also can brush with baking soda and let it sit before you flush. Add white vinegar for an extra fizz to lift out stains.
- Floor cleaner – mix 1 cup white vinegar and 1 gallon hot water in a bucket and mop floors as you normally would.
- Soft scrub for counters etc – 1 cup of baking soda, warm water, and 2-3 drops of liquid soap. Combine the water and baking soda into a paste and then add the soap. Apply to surface and let sit for a few minutes. Scrub it with a non abrasive sponge, rinse , and then wipe off.
It is easy to make your own cleaners and is so much better for the whole household.