- You can save quite a bit each year just by washing your laundry in cold water. You can buy special detergents for cold water washing if you want to. I very rarely use hot water to wash any of my laundry anymore.
- Make sure when you do laundry it is a full load.
- Air-dry clothes when you can and air-dry dishes.
- If you must use the dryer , always clean out the lint filter. Clean it out after every use. This also helps reduce the risk of fire.
- Dry heavy items separately from lighter-weight items. This helps with efficiency of the dryer.
- Take a shower instead of taking a bath. Uses a lot less water. Get a Low flow showerhead to help even more.
- Fix any leaky faucets or pipes. Even a little drip can waste a lot of water.
- Insulate all of your pipes and water heater. This will really conserve energy and make the water heater work better. It won’t have to heat up the water so often because the heat is staying in it better
- Turn off anything when not in use and unplug them if you can.
- Use natural light as often as you can and get used to sitting in the dark. Sometimes you do not need lights on.
- Change the filters in your a/c and heater as often as you can. I was very surprised at how much better our a/c worked this past summer when I changed the filter once a month.
- Keep the freezer full. It won’t work so hard when it is totally full.
Lots of simple ways to save money!!